Friday, June 10, 2011

yet-to-be-named - 3

We come out to see the usual boring conversation between Agni and mom.

“……there are also a lot of children in the mutt to whom I teach, maami, though I still have a long way to go in my learning.”

“I’m so glad that you are doing this. These days it’s become a rarity. Look at my son, he doesn’t even know how to wear a dhothi.”

“…. And your daughter-in-law wouldn’t know how to drape a saree either!” chuckles Vikram.

After friendly exchanges, we ushered Agni into the room.

Mom shouts, “Agni, what do you want for breakfast?” Agni runs to the kitchen and softly says “You don’t have to do anything specifically for me, maami, I can eat whatever is already available.”

This guy hasn’t changed a bit!

“So, what is it that made you arrange for this meeting all of a sudden? More so, seeing Vikram here is another surprise.”

“This guy is in love with a girl, buddy, and is scared of disclosing it to his dad. If you are worried about this, how about imagining the sight of seeing Sunitha and your dad in the same house, day in and day out….” He winks.

“This is serious guys, don’t joke around like you did with other girls. I am in love with her and would like to get married to her, of course after a couple of years. But we are just planning to let our parents know about it, so they have the time to accept it. Moreover, what if her parents start the groom search for her once college is done, so we are planning to play it safe.”

“Why do you think your dad would not agree? I think he would. Even if he doesn’t, it’s your life and you have to decide who you are going to put up with, I mean, live with, for the rest of your life. You are an adult, I hope you realize that.”

“Don’t think everything is over with the wedding. Wedding is the beginning. Parents are an important part of our lives, and it’s imperative that both their parents are happy with the proposal.”

“What the heck, man! Is she marrying him or his family?”

This is what happens if you let these guys talk. I did expect this and this is exactly what I wanted, so I have varied opinions.

I said “Let’s talk to dad tomorrow. Are you guys in?”

No comments:

Post a Comment